Last updated: June 28, 2018
Information Collection: Purpose & Usage
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally Identifiable (“PI”) information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you our newsletter (upon request)
- To communicate with you about our services and products
- To provide customer support
- To personalize your experience with our Site
- To track usage of our Site through Log Data & Cookies
- To run tests to improve our Site
- To identify and understand trends of user activity
- Interact with you on external social media networks and platforms
- Other purposes to deliver and improve content for you
Communication and Comments
Communication with us through the means of email, requests, contact form, newsletter, or comments left on the Site, you’re choosing to share information about yourself with the public.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
We take children’s privacy very seriously. Our services are directed at and intended for use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you should not use or attempt to use our Services or send any information about yourself to us.
If we discover that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will take the appropriate measures to promptly remove their information from our Site. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that our Site may have collected PI about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We’ll work with you to make sure that information is removed from our Site.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer browser. When you visit websites like ours, some information about your visit is stored in cookies which are used to tailor your experience, surface relevant information, products, and advertisements, and to allow you to pick up where you left off the next time you visit.
- Preserving your preferences
- Personalizing your experience
- Understanding where our website traffic is coming from
We use Google Analytics to understand and analyze browsing activity, and for advertising through their AdSense, AdWords and Remarketing Lists features. Google Analytics may store cookies on your computer when you visit our Site and may use those cookies to display advertisements for our products or Services when you visit other websites. You can find out more about this by reading the information Google provides in this explanation: How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.
Super Socializer WordPress Plug-in
We use the Super Socializer WordPress Plug-in to create a social-media friendly site that will allow you to share our information in the manner you wish to share this. This plug-in does collect some information as follows:
- Our website saves the cookie heateorSsBrowserMsg in your browser to track which visitors have seen the popup notification and which haven’t. This cookie isn’t related to your personal data or your IP address.
- We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Lawful Basis of Processing Personal Data
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies: users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes, provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof, processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes.
We may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. We may be obligated to retain or release PI to comply with a valid legal request, to meet any legal requirements or obligations, or to resolve disputes.
You can restore contact with us at any time by simply requesting to do so.
There are places throughout our Site, such as advertisements and other links, where you can access websites owned and operated by third parties. The terms of this Policy apply only to our Services and websites and do not apply to any third party websites that may be linked to or accessible from our Services. We can’t guarantee the privacy and security standards of other websites, so if you choose to access these third party links, you’ll want to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and other terms applicable to those sites.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users (for example, MailChimp) so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time: Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data: Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data: Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data: Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed: Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller: Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Lodge a complaint: Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within 30 days.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Owner and Data Control
Misty Judd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://daisiesandchalk.com (the “Site”).
Address: P.O. Box 1237 Clinton, IA 52732
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EU Representative: None at this time.